Review: Peace Warrior

"Peace Warrior: Peace Warrior Trilogy 1" by Steven L. Hawk

File Size: 376 KB (Kindle)
Paperback: 262 pages
Language: English
ASIN: B003UHVYQE
ISBN-13: 978-1452891668
Purchase: Kindle, Paperback, Nook
I was hooked into this book from the very beginning. Being a huge fan of military fiction and sci-fi, I was not disappointed by this book. The blurb posted on Amazon drew me into the story and I had to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did.

The story begins with the awful death of SFC Grant Justice. Then it shoots ahead hundreds of years in the future to where Earth has rid itself of war and all violence. Even cursing is seens a major offense that landed one in prison. As I said, that concept pulled me immediately into the story. Advancement in science allowed Grant Justice to be revived to help the Peaceful people of earth to fight against the Minith, an alien race that had enslaved the entire planet. But, Grant's revivial poses problems for the veteran soldier, as his very nature offends the very people he is trying to save.

I found Mr. Hawk's new Earth to be very interesting. I especially loved the new names for countries and cultures as well as the world government he built for this story. It was a great idea that fit perfectly with the "No Violence" world Earth had become. I don't want to give away too much of the story, but the world building in this book is very deep and I felt, completely realisitic due to the way Hawk presents the new world to the reader.

I was also impressed with the character of Grant Justice himself. He is a fully developed character, three dimensional. As a girl and Army Brat, I was completely entranced by Grant's sense of duty, honor, and loyalty to humankind. And yes, I admit, I found the character rather sexy too.

I can't wait to read more of this series. I couldn't put this one down. I can't wait to read Peace Army, the second book in the series, that already awaits me on my Kindle. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves military fiction and sci-fi.
Reviewed by: Anastasia V. Pergakis

0 comments: